Like much of the world, we are shocked and saddened by the crisis unfolding in Ukraine and condemn the unjust and inhumane invasion by Russia in the strongest terms. Our hearts and thoughts are with the Ukrainian people. And our primary concern is for the safety and well-being of our employees and the broader Autodesk community–in Ukraine and in Russia–many of whom join us in opposing this conflict and calling for peace.
Autodesk is suspending our business in Russia immediately and continuing to comply fully with all sanctions currently in place. We’ll consider further limits to our business in the region should sanctions expand, and as the situation develops.
Amid the shock and sadness of this crisis, we’re drawing a sense of pride and inspiration from seeing people all over the world rally to support those affected. This includes the many Autodesk employees who are giving their time and resources to help in any way they can–from donating to humanitarian organizations aiding Ukraine, to raising their voices in protest of the Russian invasion or volunteering to find housing for refugees fleeing the conflict.
The Autodesk Foundation has committed financial support to address Ukraine-specific relief efforts. Funds will go towards the ICRC (International Committee of the Red Cross) and UNHCR (United Nations High Commission for Refugees). In addition, we will provide a 2:1 match for every donation Autodesk employees make through April 30 to one of five organizations focused on the humanitarian and refugee crisis unfolding in and around Ukraine:
- ICRC (International Committee of the Red Cross) – Working closely with the Ukrainian Red Cross Society to provide food, water, and other essential items, as well as support to hospitals and primary healthcare facilities.
- UNHCR (United Nations High Commission for Refugees) – Protecting people forced to flee their homes and providing critical relief items and shelter.
- UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund) – Ensuring Ukraine’s children have access to safe water, nutrition, health care, education, and protection.
- International Medical Corps – Expanding access to medical, mental health, and protection services for Ukrainian civilians, and working in the surrounding regions to help refugees.
- Nova Ukraine – Providing humanitarian aid to vulnerable groups and individuals in Ukraine, while raising awareness about Ukraine throughout the world.
To support those in Ukraine and neighboring areas, Autodesk is offering employees additional assistance:
- Grants for employees temporarily housing refugees from Ukraine. To support those taking in refugees impacted by the crisis in Ukraine, Autodesk will provide a one-time payment ranging from USD $3,000 – $5,000.
- Paid hardship time off. We’re currently offering up to one week of paid hardship time off for employees impacted by the crisis in Ukraine, or for those who are helping relatives or housing refugees, for example.
- Employees who pay for expenses such as immigration services for relatives can submit for reimbursement.
Autodesk will continue seeking ways to help those impacted by this crisis. But it’s our sincere hope that stability and peace will soon prevail.
Updated March 28, 2022