By Sunny Hira, Construction Industry Marketing Manager at Autodesk
Autodesk recently introduced a new iPad app called, “AEC Feed,” which is a free, savvy little tool that keeps you up-to-date on AEC industry news, trends and the latest updates on Autodesk AEC software products. It’s an easy-to-use information resource for Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) professionals with everything from tips & tricks, customer videos, project case histories, tutorials and articles are showcased.
One great thing about the AEC Feed app is that you can stream or download videos. If you are often on the road for your projects, this feature will allow you to save videos so you can watch them later without having to worry about Wi-Fi. You can also customize your preferences and get alerts on topics that are the most important to you.
While this is currently only for iPad, it doesn’t mean that your colleagues or networks can’t benefit from the articles and videos, too. Each article can be shared from the app with a single click (a choice of Mail, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter). The content shared links to a web-based version of the content, so anyone can read it in a web browser.
Click the links below to hear AEC Feed curator and manager Sam Robins discuss the new resource in this podcast set:
- Introduction – the motivation behind creating AEC Feed
- Who the new site app is designed for, the range of text content is offered, and how users can set up a preference filter on the dashboard to focus on content of interest to them.
- Sources of content being aggregated in the app, and opportunities to contribute.
- How the app is built for online and offline use.
- Now for iPad, what about other devices? And the sharing capability.
You can download the app today from the Apple App Store (note: iPad 6.0 or higher required).
This article is based on an original post at the Beyond Design blog.