On the heels on Autodesk Fusion’s 360 commercial debut, the company announced a partnership with GrabCAD, pioneers of the open engineering movement. The partnership makes two cloud-based offerings – Autodesk AutoCAD 360 and Autodesk Fusion 360 – available to more than 700,000 members of the GrabCAD community.
This move represents the first time both 3D and 2D editing tools are available from within GrabCAD, making sophisticated CAD and collaboration capabilities more accessible to users of all kinds. In addition, powerful Autodesk editing tools offered in AutoCAD 360 and Fusion 360 will enable GrabCAD users to edit both public Library models and private Workbench models. With these new capabilities, users will be able to get great products to market even faster.
Users will benefit from this partnership in many ways including:
- Access to the world’s leading 2D and 3D design tools for editing GrabCAD models;
- Ability to quickly and easily edit GrabCAD models in 2D or 3D without having to own desktop engineering programs;
- Access to robust editing tools that may have been previously too costly.
Even better, the integration between GrabCAD and Autodesk extends beyond editing existing models. Users of Fusion 360 will also have a direct “Publish to GrabCAD” button within their software to share their designs with the GrabCAD community.
Where do you go to get the goods?
- Availability – Starting today, GrabCAD Toolbox users can access the 2D AutoCAD 360 editing feature from within the Workbench environment. The Fusion 360 3D design editing functionality will be available in the near future. Fusion 360 users will have immediate ability to share their designs directly to GrabCAD from within the product.
- Pricing – Both AutoCAD 360 and Fusion 360 will be free for Toolbox users for the first 90-days. After the first 90-days, there will be an additional fee to edit 3D documents with Fusion 360 for GrabCAD. The 2D editing capabilities through AutoCAD 360 in GrabCAD workbench are free.
Watch a replay of the Webcast: