New Autodesk Advance Steel 2015 Builds on Graitec Acquired Technology with Key Enhancements
Starting today leaders in steel construction and design are gathering at the NASCC event (North American Steel Construction Conference), which is the largest steel construction event in North America. And Autodesk turned a lot of heads today with an important new product announcement.
Back in October Autodesk announced the acquisition of key technologies from Graitec, including Advance Steel. With the NASCC as the stage, Autodesk announced the first branded product to come out of the acquisition – Autodesk Advance Steel 2015.
The new Autodesk Advance Steel 2015 provides structural steel detailers, fabricators, engineers, and contractors with easy to use, yet comprehensive tools based on the familiar AutoCAD platform. 3D modeling tools to support a Building Information Modeling (BIM) process help to accelerate more accurate detailing of structural elements, steel connections, and plates. In addition, Advance Steel helps speed time to fabrication by automatically generating shop and general arrangement drawings, creating bills of materials, and producing CNC files directly from designs. With interoperability between Autodesk Revit, Autodesk Navisworks, and other BIM software, Advance Steel also provides a way to connect BIM-based design and construction through fabrication.
For Autodesk’s debut release of Advance Steel 2015, we’ve introduced a variety of new and enhanced features:
- Interoperability: More powerful integration with Revit and Navisworks allows for a smoother BIM workflow and whole project review.
- New user interface: A new design improves the organization of tools to make the software easier to use and to increase productivity.
- Model view enhancements: New options for creating different model views of projects have been added, allowing greater flexibility.
- Global settings management: Tools to configure the software’s main settings has been enhanced, allowing you to customize the software to fit your needs.
- Documentation enhancements: A variety of improvements helps to save time and reduce rework on shop drawings for complex parts.
- CNC data creation: CNC data is now extended to complex parts, such as curved beams and polybeams. This data is fully articulated in the DSTV files automatically generated from the 3Dmodel.
“The introduction of Advance Steel 2015, which will be available for purchase soon, is an example of Autodesk’s commitment to support the AEC industry with technology that provides end-to-end BIM workflows for building projects,” said Joy Stark, Senior Industry Marketing Manager, Autodesk.
Graitec, now an Autodesk Authorized Reseller, will be showcasing Advance Steel in booth #1215 in the NASCC conference exhibit hall this week through March 28. And if you’re attending NASCC, check out our presentation and demonstration on Thursday, March 27 at 10:00am ET in room 712 of the conference center.