The films, series and stars recognized each awards season change, but one thing remains constant — the use of Autodesk software to create outstanding animation and visual effects (VFX) in entertainment.
For the 24th consecutive year, talented artists from studios worldwide used Autodesk tools like 3ds Max, Arnold, Flame, Maya and Shotgun to help bring 2018’s most memorable films and TV shows to audiences across the world, including this year’s Best Visual Effects Oscar nominees.
Best Visual Effects Nominees Tap Autodesk Technology
Our tools helped artists create all five films nominated for an Academy Award for Best VFX: “Avengers: Infinity War,” “Christopher Robin,” “First Man,” “Ready Player One” and “Solo: A Star Wars Story.”
Thousands of artists working across VFX studios spanning four continents produced stellar visuals that help bring each film’s story to life. Our software was integral to work spanning previsualization, VFX, virtual cinematography, post-production and beyond.
Here are a few things you may not know about this year’s nominated films:
- “Avengers: Infinity Wars” features 2,680 VFX shots.
- “Christopher Robin” includes nearly 1,400 VFX shots.
- “First Man” includes 615 VFX shots.
- “Ready Player One” has more than 900 VFX shots.
- For “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” more than 1,200 global artists and technicians created vehicles, character performances, environments. Also, the VFX team digitally scanned more than 500 characters, props and sets, including train from heist sequence and there’s 90 minutes of VFX in film.
Congrats to all of this year’s Oscar nominees. Your work is inspiring and challenges us to continue raising the bar in what’s possible with our technology.